[HarfBuzz] Questions regarding hb_language_t

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Jan 22 06:40:29 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 09:33:18AM -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 14-01-22 09:08 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> > Motivated by this discussion, I managed to added script itemization to
> > the HarfBuzz “port” of LibreOffice.
>
> Humm.  What was it doing before then?

The word “proper” was missing from the previous sentence. It was using
the script of the first non-common non-inherited character in the bidi
run, falling back to Latin (which irritated me most, since Amiri has
some locale-specific punctuation marks which did not work for bidi runs
with no Arabic characters). Now the whole string is taken into account
when doing script itemization, plus basic paired characters support
thanks to the code borrowed from ICU. I think next is to added
ScriptExtensions support, but that is for another day.

Regards,
Khaled