[HarfBuzz] Cross-compiling HarfBuzz for ios

Anita Hui Anita.Hui at youilabs.com
Mon Jul 14 13:27:02 PDT 2014

Hi!

I'm trying to cross compile HarfBuzz for iOS (ARMv7, ARMv7s, i386), and I was wondering if I also needed to compile FreeType, Cairo, and GLib for the iOS architectures as well. I am working on an osx machine, and what led me to the idea that I may need to cross compile the aforementioned libraries is a warning that I receive when I try to build:

    ?ld: warning: ignoring file /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.dylib, file was built for x86_64 which is not the architecture being linked (armv7): /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.dylib

This warning was followed by a bunch of errors regarding undefined symbols for the architecture. I get the above warning for libglib.dylib and libintl.dylib as well.

Ultimately my goal is to create static libraries for HarfBuzz and icu-le-hb.

Thanks!

Anita Hui
anita.hui at youilabs.com