[HarfBuzz] Don't render control characters?

Konstantin Ritt ritt.ks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:30:27 PST 2014

Good catch ;) I was wandering why these ones are expected to be handled by
the user...

+1 for having a flag for this. As for making it a separate flag, I'm not
sure...
When I was requesting PRESERVE_DEFAULT_IGNORABLES flag, I did care about
two use-cases:
1) Symbol encoding support - thing that is used to encode various crap in
the 32..255 character code range, and thus might override U+00AD [SHY],
which is of Default_Ignorable property;
2) A "show document structure" rendering option, where some normally
invisible characters are handled by a special font (i.e. to visualize some
control characters, BiDi format characters, objects, etc.)
W/o some "3)" I have no strong feeling that we need a separate flag for
handling GC=Cc.

Regards,
Konstantin