[HarfBuzz] Thai text render issue in Android L

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 09:12:26 PST 2014

Thank you, James, for the word reference!

Another and, IMO, perhaps better solution for the Noto Sans Thai font would
be to create a set of 4 special "ligature" glyphs in which the bottom
portion of the two consonants has reduced height; and in which the height
of the SARA U and SARA UU is also of reduced height, so that the
properly-positioned combinations do not exceed the maximum height allowed
for a cluster.

Example image is attached for illustration.

- Ed