[HarfBuzz] Inter-glyph spacing

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Sat Sep 13 01:05:33 PDT 2014

On 13/09/2014 13:39, Martin Hosken wrote:
> What version of harfbuzz-ng?

I've tried:
	0.9.27 from Homebrew
	0.9.35 from Homebrew (neither of which built with graphite2)
	Harfbuzz HEAD with graphite2.

No change.

> Did you compile it --with-graphite2?
> Perhaps this is a graphite integration bug?

At my current stage of playing with font rendering, it's far more likely the
problem is in my code and not in someone else's!

I'm not sure it's a Graphite bug because non-graphite OpenType fonts are being
weird too... In fact, trying with a bunch more fonts, OpenType would be the
common denominator here. All OpenType fonts are showing too little spacing
between /most/ letters. (some are correct) Times, Rosetta and other Truetype
fonts are fine.

Deeper and deeper.

Simon