[HarfBuzz] Testing recent changes in HarfBuzz

Rajeesh K V rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:15:15 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 11:01 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> Khaled, Jonathan, others,
>
> While I was away I implemented a few optimizations and other fixes that I
> think I might have got wrong a bit.  I'm fairly confident in them, but then
> can use some testing, specially with complex recursive lookups, etc.  Would
> you mind giving it some testing (Amiri, whatever test suites you might be able
> to run)?

Did the regular build + Malayalam test case run, found no regressions.

Though found an interesting case:
hb-unicode-encode 0D2A 0D4D 0D32 0D4D 0D35 0D4B | hb-shape --font-file=Meera.ttf
gives the output: [e2=0+871|p1=0+1440|xx=0+318|l3v1=0+1438|a2=0+848]
The expected outcome is [p1|xx|e2|l3v1|a2].
Note the e2 (prebase part of two part matra 0D4B) reordered in front
of p1 where it should have been placed in front of glyph l3v1.

The last codepoint in input sequence 0D4B is a two part matra, split
to 0D47 (e2) <glyph> 0D3E (a2). It's not a regression, an earlier
build yields the same outcome as far as I can see.

The font used for testing is here:
http://smc.org.in/downloads/fonts/meera/Meera.ttf

--
Rajeesh