[HarfBuzz] About GSUB backtrack, lookahead glyph for first and last character

Leone Kim lordchiwoo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 00:02:31 PST 2015

Thanks for your reply, Richard. and sorry for late answer.
That was so helpful to make a guideline for my program.
Here's few more thing to ask.

Q1. In your reply,
You said
>Lookup 1 would convert it to
>
>x.initial y.initial z.initial a.initial g.isol
>
>Lookup 2 would convert it to
>
>x.initial y.medial z.medial a.medial g.final

but from left-right side order, when y.initial changed into y.medial
z.initial cannot be changed cause at that time, glyph in front of z.ini is
y.medial

so it seems like i need to add medials to lookup 2 backtrack coverage, is
this right?

Q2. I think the problem suggested by Q1. can be fixed also by using
"Reverse chaining contextual single" Lookup.
So, does harfbuzz support "Reverse chaining contextual single"?

Thank you for your kind reply and hope you have a nice weekend.