[HarfBuzz] Question about shaping with top to bottom direction

Koji Ishii kojiishi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 02:46:53 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 5:34 PM, aronsoyol <aronsoyol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much, I got your explain for Harfbuzz,
> So, according to CJK punctuations and numbser as well as other
> punctuations in Latin has the same script code USCRIPT_COMMON in ICU, What
> is the best way to classify them?

The best way I'd recommend is to use UTR#50[1] to determine the orientation
of characters, then split runs by orientation before passing to Harfbuzz.

Unfortunately there's no API to give the data, so you need to get the value
for a character by yourself. There was a request to add to ICU, but it
isn't moving much.

[1] http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr50/

/koji