[HarfBuzz] Overlap of vocal with thai text

Konstantin Ritt ritt.ks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:19:29 PST 2015

> I checked this thai font issue on a board with Qt 4.7.4 libs and this
> happens with one particular font DejaVuSans.ttf.
> When I tried DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf font the issue is not seen. I
> wonder any of the harfbuzz-thai calls are not invoked for DejaVuSans
> font?

Might be a font issue. I already seen bugs related to an incorrect metrics
in DejaVu fonts.

> Does font make a difference in harfbuzz bundled code
> (src/3rdpart/hafbuzz) in Qt.

Sure it does. Try inspecting the font's tables and metrics.

> Is there a way to trace harfbuzz-thai.c function calls for eg
> thaiWordBreaks.

I don't think so. You could build Qt with debug symbols and try to debug
harfbuzz-thai.c, though I'd better inspect the problematic font prior to
digging so deep.

Konstantin