[HarfBuzz] How to use 'locl' feature of Noto Sans CJK with Harfbuzz?

Louis Semprini lsemprini at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 04:21:15 PDT 2015

What is the specific Harfbuzz API call and arguments to use in order to select the Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, or Korean varants in Google's Noto Sans CJK font, which uses the 'locl' feature as explained here:

https://www.google.com/get/noto/cjk.html

in particular, what exact arguments to I need to choose Simplified Chinese vs. Traditional Chinese ?

Apparently, not all variant glyphs were given unique code points during Han unification, so sometimes I need to hint the shaper which glyph to choose.

Thanks!