[HarfBuzz] How to use 'locl' feature of Noto Sans CJK with Harfbuzz?

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Wed May 6 16:30:19 PDT 2015

On Thu, 7 May 2015 00:31:13 +0200
"Adam Twardoch (List)" <list.adam at twardoch.com> wrote:

> It's "mostly the same but lowercased yet with some exceptions", see
> https://github.com/behdad/harfbuzz/blob/master/src/hb-ot-tag.cc
>
> Sent from my mobile phone.
>
> > On 07.05.2015, at 00:26, Arthur Reutenauer
> > <arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> wrote:
> >
> >  On a related issue, it has always seemed to me that script tags in
> > OpenType were identical to ISO 15924 - much unlike language tags,
> > that differ a lot from any part of ISO 639.  I'll have a closer
> > look and will compile a list for anyone who's interested.

A quick look at http://unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-codes.html shows
its worse than that.  Note only does have ISO 15924 have three Latin
script codes, it has two Arabic script codes, three Han script codes and
four Syriac script codes.  It's also got two composite scripts,
Japanese (Jpan) and Korean (Kore).  However, mostly one wants to
translate Unicode script values to OpenType tags, which is the easier
problem Behdad commented on.

Richard.