[HarfBuzz] No kerning?

Jamie Dale jamiedale88+harfbuzz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:17:59 PDT 2015

I don't know what font data our "kerning only" implementation is using
under the hood, but the kerning used when calculating the advance is from a
call to FT_Get_Kerning with the FT_KERNING_DEFAULT flag. We only do this
when FT_HAS_KERNING reports that the font has kerning data, and the
remainder of the advance comes from the advance.x value on the FT_GlyphSlot
for the glyph, such that:

TotalAdvance = Kerning + GlyphSlotAdvanceX;

-Jamie.