[HarfBuzz] Streamlining hb_font_t some more

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Mon Oct 5 16:35:21 PDT 2015

On 03/10/2015 01:51, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> So, how does that sound?  I expect that it will only make easier for most
> clients.  Like to hear what Jonathan has to say.  Chrome, Android, Pango,
> XeTeX, Sile should all either benefit from this or be unaffected.

This all sounds great but if it's a question of priorities I would like
to see more on getting the OT features complete and being able to drop
FT support - so that means CFF and everything else. That's where the
real speed increase is; if OT is not a complete replacement for FT, we
can't use it yet, no matter how fast it is...