[HarfBuzz] rendering options for hb-view

Jamie Dale jamiedale88+harfbuzz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 06:30:18 PDT 2015

I've just grabbed a version with the new flags API, but I'm finding that I
can't actually use hb_ft_font_get_load_flags and hb_ft_font_get_face in my
custom funcs, as they fail the font->destroy != (hb_destroy_func_t)
_hb_ft_font_destroy test since I'm using a sub-font with a different
destroy function.

Usually I'd work around this by adding my own functions to access those
flags from the private data, however hb_ft_font_t is defined in a source
file (rather than a private header), so I can't access it at all.

Is there another way I can solve this? Should I just set and get the flags
and face from the parent font instead?

For your reference, this is how I create my font:

hb_font_t* HarfBuzzFont = nullptr;

{
  // Create a sub-font from the default FreeType implementation so we can
override some font functions to provide low-level caching
  hb_font_t* HarfBuzzFTFont = hb_ft_font_create(FreeTypeFace, nullptr);
  HarfBuzzFont = hb_font_create_sub_font(HarfBuzzFTFont);
  hb_font_destroy(HarfBuzzFTFont);
}

hb_ft_font_set_load_flags(...);
hb_font_set_funcs(...);