[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz Digest, Vol 121, Issue 4

Kelvin Ma kelvinsthirteen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 23:18:06 UTC 2016

> On 02.07.2016 1:02, Kelvin Ma wrote:
> > So that’s what the value member does. thanks! Will it always be either 0
> > or 1?
>
> 0 means disabled, 1 means enabled, >1 means enabled with specific value.
> According to msdn 'salt' feature could use that to pick a specific
> alternate glyph.

So it’s not boolean okay. Right now I have opentype features as a font
styling attribute, which means that there is always an explicit ON/OFF
value computed for every feature in every style. So it’s important to have
good hardcoded defaults for the base class fontstyle. But seeing as it
varies by script, and the font styles are not aware of script that makes it
a lot more problematic…