[HarfBuzz] Windows build of harfbuzz with nmake

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 09:34:24 UTC 2016

On 13/06/2016 10:09, Juha Martikainen wrote:

> I had a second build attempt where I made my own vcxproj file. There I
> get the following kind of errors:
>
> 1>..\..\src\hb-directwrite.cc(246): error C2039: 'directwrite' : is
> not a member of 'hb_shaper_data_t'
> 1>..\..\src\hb-directwrite.cc(257): error C3861:
> 'hb_directwrite_shaper_face_data_ensure': identifier not found

Hi Juha, I think you accidentally posted off-list.

You're right about the above and it's hugely frustrating.  I build with
MSVC-8 and I had to comment out the whole of 'hb-directwrite.cc' because
I couldn't make it compile.  I added a note to say that I hoped it might
build with some future version of MSVC but from what you're saying, it
still won't compile.

Once again though...  commenting out the whole of 'hb-directwrite.cc'
didn't seem to cause any problems.  I think it's a (comparatively)
recent file so maybe its functionality isn't used very much as yet?  The
file's author seems to be Ebrahim Byagowi. He needs to be made aware
that it's unbuildable with MSVC.

John