[HarfBuzz] Compile issue with MSVC

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 19 16:57:56 UTC 2016

I hope this is the right place for developer questions.

I just updated harbuzz from git (having last updated about a fortnight
ago).  When I try building now with MSVC it gives me the following
errors when I try to compile 'hb-ot-shape-complex-use.cc'

     Compiling... hb-ot-shape-complex-use.cc
     hb-ot-shape-complex-use-machine.rl(136) : error C2065:
'consonant_cluster' : undeclared identifier
     hb-ot-shape-complex-use-machine.rl(137) : error C2065:
'vowel_cluster' : undeclared identifier

I couldn't see anything obviously wrong so I went back to the original
version 1.2.7 (from 2nd May 2016) and it still builds fine.
'hb-ot-shape-complex-use.cc' has changed in the past couple of weeks -
but so have some of the files it depends on (so it's all a bit
convoluted).  I just wondered if anyone can take a guess at what might
be wrong?  For example is there something I need to #define now (which
wasn't needed previously?)

BTW - my internet access will be very poor for the next few days, so
apologies in advance if I'm a bit slow in responding.  Many thanks,

John Emmas