[HarfBuzz] MS/Symbol cmap subtables

Konstantin Ritt ritt.ks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 12:26:56 UTC 2018

The MS OT specs says:
>  It is suggested to derive the format 4 encodings by simply adding 0xF000
to the format 0 (Macintosh) encodings.

And I completely agree with the current get_glyph_from_symbol
implementation.

I think it is a client's responsibility to adjust any non-standard mappings
(or whatever input text inconsistencies) using contextual data which is out
of scope of shaping process, whilst HB must do it's best accordingly to OT
specs.

Thus saying, if you know for sure U+0041 must be treated as PUA in context
of a given font, replace it with U+F041 prior to shaping; otherwise let HB
do what OT specs recommends

Regards,
Konstantin