[HarfBuzz] New MSVC compile issue (with current git master)

John Emmas john at creativepost.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 17:59:43 UTC 2018

Hi Behdad,

Back in September I flagged up a compilation problem I'd encountered
when building with MSVC.  At the time, you were a bit confused because
apparently you use 'bots' of some kind to check the MSVC compilations
periodically.

I just updated again (from git master) and I've hit a new MSVC
compilation issue.  It concerns this line in 'src/hb-set.hh' (approx
line 370):-

     memcpy (pages.arrayZ(), other->pages.arrayZ(), count * sizeof
(pages.arrayZ()[0]));

In today's version it now looks like this:-

     memcpy (pages, other->pages, count * sizeof (pages[0]));

MSVC is complaining because it seems to have found 4 x declarations for
'pages' and it doesn't know which one to use.  I can delve a bit deeper
at the weekend when I'll have some more time available - but in the
meantime, I just wondered if the bots are passing this okay? Regards,

John Emmas