[HarfBuzz] Cluster question (Was Cluster soap box time)

Ansel Sermersheim ansel at copperspice.com
Wed Nov 28 01:34:39 UTC 2018

On 11/19/2018 07:16 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Hi Ansel,
>
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 7:44 PM Ansel Sermersheim
> <ansel at copperspice.com <mailto:ansel at copperspice.com>> wrote:
>
>     ...We have tried cluster
>     levels 0 and 1, and neither one worked as we expected. In every case,
>     combining accents are marked as being in a separate cluster to the
>     base
>     codepoint. For example, U+0061 Latin Small Letter A followed by
>     U+0308
>     Combining Diaeresis are being placed in adjacent clusters rather than
>     the same cluster.
>

> That doesn't sound right.  Are you setting any custom unicode-funcs on
> the buffer?  Only thing I can think of that can do this is faulty /
> missing Unicode funcs.

We had a feeling something was missing. No, we are not supplying any
unicode funcs. Do you have a sample or documentation reference for what
we need to supply? I have looked at the online documentation without
seeing a clear list of what is required. We are specifically looking to
use harfbuzz to decipher special case grapheme breaks.

Thanks,

-Ansel