[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz shaping of R2L text

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 2 17:35:07 UTC 2019

On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 19:17:41 +0300
Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org> wrote:

> With Da Lekh I do see the reordering, but only with HarfBuzz as the
> font backend; Uniscribe doesn't seem to support that, at least not the
> version on Windows 7.

Correct.  Uniscribe (or is it DirectWrite?) support for the Tai Tham
script only came out on Windows 10.  The slight consolation is that if
your font does all the Indic shaping for Tai Tham, you don't have to
worry about it being done twice - once by Uniscribe and then again by
the font.

It looks as though you will have to resort to Padauk for Windows 7
Uniscribe shaping for Myanmar, and trust that you don't accidentally
pick up a Graphite shaper.

Richard.