[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz now requires C++11

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Mar 29 22:55:24 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 3:49 PM Philip Race <philip.race at oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 3/29/19, 3:06 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just merged the 'iter' branch [0].  This is a branch I've been working
> on for three / four months, and has gathered over 200 commits.  It's
> finally time to merge it such that the work can continue in master.
>
> The work there is aimed at GSUB/GPOS subsetting.  The constructs I needed
> proved to be impossible to achieve without C++11.  So that has become
> mandatory.  I removed gcc 4.2 bots from our continuous-integration as they
> were not up to the task.  I also disabled the Oracle build bot which was
> not happy,
>

> Was that using Oracle's Studio compilers on Solaris or on Linux ?

On Linux.  I don't have access to Solaris.

> If yes to the compiler, which version ? 12u6 ?

Yes.  I was hoping that we were using older version.  But I checked and it
was 12u6.  I can reenable and show you the log, or you can just try
building yourself.  Any help is appreciated.

> as well as an ios one.  So currently the remaining bots are happy EXCEPT
> for MSVC ones.  If someone can help debug and make those happy, that would
> be great:
>
>   https://ci.appveyor.com/project/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/builds/23465714
>
> I'll go ahead and remove the C++<11 compat code.
>

> If this is not yet removed, what do you have to be sure you are testing
> the C++11 code path ?

This one was really minor:

https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/commit/1d75db19fb5df139b9648ff3f5e6184a5c554345

That's not the issue.   The C++11 features we rely on now cannot be
polyfilled...