[HarfBuzz] How to get hb_face_t and hb_font_t without Freetype?

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Fri May 24 16:37:22 UTC 2019

On 12/05/2019 05:15, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> OK, thanks.  I think this is a large chunk of the solution to my
> problem...
>
> Also, does HarfBuzz support TrueType Collection (TTC) files, and if
> so, does it want the data only for the currently selected font or all
> of the data?

Assuming you're still stuck, have a look at the "shape" function in
https://github.com/simoncozens/sile/blob/master/src/justenoughharfbuzz.c

The parameters (lua-wrapped) are: text to shape, as a string; the binary
contents of the font file; the index of the font in a TTC; the script
code, direction as a string, language code, point size, and any list of
features.

Simon