[HarfBuzz] How to get a glyph code for a character?

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Sat May 25 15:08:42 UTC 2019

> Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 15:50:38 +0100
> From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com>
>
> I presume you're after the glyph indicated by the raw cmap, e.g.
> without localisation.

Not sure what kind of localisation are you alluding to here.  I must
confess that I'm relatively ignorant about fonts, glyphs, and shaping,
so I'm probably missing a lot here.  For example, I have no idea what
is a "raw cmap".

> Using hb_shape could very well result in the addition of a dotted
> circle for a combining mark - is that what you want?

AFAIK, this method is only called in Emacs for a combining mark when
we indeed want it displayed as a separate character, with the dotted
circle.  It is normally called for base (non-combining) characters.

Thanks.