[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz shaping of R2L text

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Thu May 30 20:19:00 UTC 2019

On Thu, 30 May 2019 22:07:06 +0300
Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org> wrote:

> I don't see any reordering here (with HarfBuzz), but maybe it's
> because the only font I have that covers Myanmar is Code2000.

That's probably the problem.  I have Version 1.171 of the font, and the
closest is comes to layout support for Myanmar is empty lists of
lookups for undefined script "myan".  The script tag should be "mymr",
so HarfBuzz applies no script-specific shaping.  There may be other
issues, as changing "myan" to "mymr" doesn't fix the problem.

Richard.