[igt-dev] Prospective igt shell (javascript interface)

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 13:01:43 UTC 2018

Just to put it into perspective how easy I found it working with Duktape
to create a working script interpreter that can execute our tests faster
than ld can even load our binaries.

The import of duktape is probably too large for the list, but there is
nothing more there than load-file and eval, with some hooks to allow the
later drivers to install themselves into the initial environment.
(Automatic installation to avoid having to add require('foo') to every
script. In theory any ECMAScript (i.e from npm) can be loaded it just
requires hooking up the path finder.)
-Chris