[igt-dev] ✓ Fi.CI.BAT: success for Run gem_fd_exhaustion on all the machines

Arkadiusz Hiler arkadiusz.hiler at intel.com
Mon Mar 12 11:25:02 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 08:54:58AM +0000, Patchwork wrote:
> == Series Details ==
>
> Series: Run gem_fd_exhaustion on all the machines
> URL   : https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/39707/
> [irrelevant stuff]

https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/IGTPW_1099/all.html
https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/IGTPW_1103/all.html

gem_fd_exhaustion seems to randomly fail (different machines each run),
even after the recent round of fixes.

Daniel: I tried to track the history of this test, and it seems like
there was NULL pointer dereference somewhere in the kernel in 2014-ish.
This was supposed to serve as a regression test but it never worked
properly and it is blacklisted in our CI since forever.

How relevant is this in 2018 and is it worth to invest even more time in
fixing this?

--
Cheers,
Arek