[igt-dev] IGT migration to gitlab

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Thu Oct 11 13:13:27 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We finally have all the bits lined up to move igt to gitlab. Here's
the timeline:

1. fd.o admins: Migrate all the new accounts to gitlab.fd.o. All older
accounts have been migrated already in spring this year, so this only
affects people who recently gained fd.o access. This will happen on
the coming w/e, 13/14th Oct.

2. All committers need to activate their gitlab account and set up the SSH keys:
- https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/users/sign_in -> "Forgot your
password?". The username is the same as your fd.o one. The email
password recovery will use is the same as you've registered for your
fd.o account. Please ping either maintainers or fd.o admins if you
can't get the password recovery mail and your email needs to be
updated.
- Once you're logged in, got to
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/profile/keys and set up your ssh keys.
If your account is migrated already you can go right ahead and do this now.

IMPORTANT: Please do not create a new account, or we'll need to
manually fix up permissions afterwards.

3. fd.o admins: Will migrate the igt repo itself on the w/e of 20/21st
Oct. The old git repo will continue to exists, but as a read-only
mirror.

4. All committers: Update the git remote to the new url, it will be
git at gitlab.freedesktop.org:drm/igt-gpu-tools.git

Note: We're only moving the git host, bugzilla (for issues) and
mailing lists (for patch submission and review) will stay as-is.

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation