[igt-dev] [IGT] tools/intel_gpu_top: Add support for stdout logging

Tvrtko Ursulin tvrtko.ursulin at linux.intel.com
Fri Feb 8 10:52:19 UTC 2019

On 08/02/2019 10:33, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Quoting Tvrtko Ursulin (2019-02-08 10:26:12)
>> From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin at intel.com>
>>
>> Two new output modes are added: listing of text data to standard out (-l
>> on the command line), and dumping of JSON formatted records (-J), also to
>> standard out.
>
> Any chance of interactive with yaml^W json to file?

If you cannot do with shell redirection then sure, it shouldn't be hard
to add.

YAML, if it follows the same patterns as JSON, also should be easy like
a handful of lines.

And the latter.. I need some feedback from the users on how they plan to
use it. This implementation outputs records, but if you Ctrl-C-it you
get the last incomplete. And you probably need to wrap everything in [ ]
to make an array of these records.

Regards,

Tvrtko