[igt-dev] ✗ GitLab.Pipeline: warning for Dockerfile.debian*: Switch over to buster

Guillaume Tucker guillaume.tucker at collabora.com
Fri Jul 12 08:57:17 UTC 2019

On 08/07/2019 13:21, Arkadiusz Hiler wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 07:25:14AM +0000, Patchwork wrote:
>> == Series Details ==
>>
>> Series: Dockerfile.debian*: Switch over to buster
>> URL   : https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/63339/
>> State : warning
>>
>> == Summary ==
>>
>> Pipeline status: FAILED.
>>
>> See https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gfx-ci/igt-ci-tags/pipelines/47180 for more details.
>>
>> == Logs ==
>>

>> For more details see: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gfx-ci/igt-ci-tags/pipelines/47180
>
> Seems like it's failing for MIPS realiably:
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gfx-ci/igt-ci-tags/-/jobs/405401
>

> One example of many sigsegvs:
> --- command ---
> /usr/bin/qemu-mips /builds/gfx-ci/igt-ci-tags/build/lib/tests/igt_invalid_subtest_name
> --- stdout ---
> IGT-Version: 1.24-NO-GIT (mips) (Linux: 4.9.0-9-amd64 mips)
> --- stderr ---
> (igt_invalid_subtest_name:92) igt_core-CRITICAL: Invalid subtest name "# invalid name !".
> igt_invalid_subtest_name: ../lib/igt_core.c:1714: igt_exit: Assertion `!test_with_subtests || skipped_one || succeeded_one || failed_one' failed.
> Received signal SIGABRT.
> Stack trace:
> Received signal SIGSEGV.
> Stack trace:
> qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
> igt_invalid_subtest_name: ../lib/tests/igt_tests_common.h:46: internal_assert_wsignaled: Assertion `WIFSIGNALED(wstatus) && WTERMSIG(wstatus) == signal' failed.
> qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
> -------
>
> Other architectures seem to be fine and the same thing is passing on
> stretch.
>
> Guillaume, do you have any idea what may be going on before I dig into
> it?

I've had a look, the segfault is coming from libunwind when
trying to do a stack trace.  The version of libunwind in Debian
Stretch (1.1) had large parts unimplemented for MIPS, and while
the one in Buster (1.2.1) seems to be able to fully support that
it also appears to have a bug causing the segfault.

There have been a few fixes upstream in libunwind for MIPS, maybe
some of these need to be back-ported to the package in Debian.
I've built the 1.2.1 version from source and can reproduce the
problem, I can try the latest version to see if there has been a
fix for that next week.  And if that's the case, ask the Debian
package maintainer to add some fixes.  If the latest upstream
version still doesn't work, well I guess that would be something
to report to the MIPS people who worked on libunwind.

Guillaume