[igt-dev] [Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Documenting tests with igt_describe()

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 21:09:34 UTC 2019

Quoting Arkadiusz Hiler (2019-11-07 17:38:20)
> We don't want you to translate C into English, we want you to provide a bit of
> that extra information that you would have put in the comments anyway.

The comments should exist and are _inline_ with the code. In all the
examples of igt_describe() I have seen, it is nowhere near the code so
is useless; the information conveyed does not assist anyone in
diagnosing or debugging the problem, so I yet to understand how it
helps. What is more useful, a link to the kernel coverage of the test
and link to the test source code, or waffle?
-Chris