[igt-dev] ✓ Fi.CI.BAT: success for tests/i915/query: Do not assert engine info rsvd being zero

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 10:15:08 UTC 2020

Quoting Patchwork (2020-03-04 10:10:54)
> == Series Details ==
>
> Series: tests/i915/query: Do not assert engine info rsvd being zero
> URL   : https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/74250/
> State : success

Did we do a check to make sure the fields were written? Write a few
rounds of poison into the struct and make sure the poison isn't returned
on success. (A few rounds just in case few strike it lucky with the
poison.) And a pair of redzones to check we don't overwrite the ends (I
think we did that at least, by placing the pointer next to unmapped
pages.)
-Chris