[igt-dev] ✗ Fi.CI.BAT: failure for Test cases for fbdev

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Nov 11 10:59:55 UTC 2020

Quoting Petri Latvala (2020-11-11 10:22:26)
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 10:11:40AM +0100, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
> > FYI, I replaced the mmap test with a set of more elaborate tests. It's
> > expected that mmap does not PASS any longer.
> >
> > Is there a configuration file that I have to adapt?
>
> Yeah, tests/intel-ci/fast-feedback.testlist. For getting this series
> fully tested, add a patch to the series that removes the line
>
> igt at fbdev@mmap
>
> from that file, with subjectprefix "CI" or "HAX" so it's clear it's
> not the final patch to be committed.
>
> Chris, do you have any input as to which subtests we want to have in
> BAT in the end?

The read/write contents verification should work well for BAT; quick and
cover the simple use cases we know people do run into. Unaligned and
negative tests are better suited to full test run since they should not
provide any deep probes into the driver (and so not as likely to catch
unexpected bugs in future patches).
-Chris