[igt-dev] IGT on SLES

Vemasani, Vinod vinod.vemasani at intel.com
Mon Mar 29 23:10:53 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am trying to get intel-gpu-tools installed on SLES machine(s). The README has instructions for Fedora/Debian and none for SLES. I reached out to couple of contacts and they told me it has a dependency which is difficult to meet for SLES. Is it true? Has anyone built on SLES successfully?

Came across this package for SUSE - https://software.opensuse.org/download/package?package=intel-gpu-tools&project=openSUSE%3ALeap%3A15.2
Installed RPM successfully but ran into this :

/home/vvemasan/intel_gpu_top
Failed to detect engines! (No such file or directory)
(Kernel 4.16 or newer is required for i915 PMU support.)

Any tips/thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Vinod