[igt-dev] [i-g-t 00/14] Add IGT support for plane color management

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:50:02 UTC 2021

On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 15:17:45 +0530
Bhanuprakash Modem <bhanuprakash.modem at intel.com> wrote:

> From the Plane Color Management feature design, userspace can
> take the smart blending decisions based on hardware supported
> plane color features to obtain an accurate color profile.
>
> These IGT patches extend the existing pipe color management
> tests to the plane level.
>
> Kernel implementation:
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/90825/

Hi,

it's really good to get these, but I am worried that the tests here may
be too easy to pass when trying to ensure the KMS features work
correctly and in the way real userspace is going to be using them.

I also found some things that looked hardware-specific in this code
that to my understanding is supposed to be generic, and some concerns
about UAPI as well.

Thanks,
pq