[igt-dev] [RFC] Use HAX for series which add igt_describe

Kamil Konieczny kamil.konieczny at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 3 09:40:37 UTC 2022

Dnia 2022-03-03 at 07:09:36 +0100, Zbigniew Kempczyński napisał(a):
> Hi all.
>
> Last time we got number of patches which don't change test logic so
> they trigger BAT + IGT runs.
>
> This is imo a waste of time for CI as it doesn't improve anything apart
> of better in-test documentation.
>
> As such patches needs to be reviewed I think we could use HAX patch in
> which we remove all subtests in tests/intel-ci/fast-feedback.testlist
> adding line with:
>
> igt at meta_test@fail-result
>
> Any comments are welcome.
> --
> Zbigniew

imho good idea, but I assume that this should be done by the person
sending. I wonder (and I suppose it is question to CI team) if it
can be automated based on content of patch ? So no need for additional
HAX and cover-letter ?
One more idea - check tag in subject ? like [... NO-TESTS 1/1] ...

We can start with HAX though.

--
Kamil