[igt-dev] [i-g-t V4 00/82] Document KMS tests

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mauro.chehab at linux.intel.com
Wed May 31 06:52:13 UTC 2023

On Tue, 30 May 2023 20:30:08 +0530
"Sharma, Swati2" <swati2.sharma at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Bhanu,
>
> IMO, functionality and mega feature seems to be redundant
> + * Functionality: vrr
> + * Mega feature: VRR
>
> Any thoughts?

They're not identical. See, for instance, General Display Features
mega feature. It contains several different functionalities: crc, cursor,
force_connector, hotplug... This is on the patches that were already
merged.

The idea is that mega feature will contain a top level group of features,
while functionality will contain the more technical low-level one.

> Mauro/Bhanu,
> What are our plans for igt_decribe(). It seems desriptions and
> igt_describe() is unneeded.

Yes. It is on our todo list to remove igt_describe(), igt_describe_f()
and IGT_TEST_DESCRIPTION() from the files that are documented via
C comments.

Regards,
Mauro