[igt-dev] Request for information on the igt-gpu-tools intel_infoframes test

chalil jitesh chaliljitesh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 06:44:20 UTC 2023

Hi,

I was trying to test and validate the Displayport Sink device behaviour to
invalid stream packets received, while checking for some tools which we can
use for testing, came to know about the igt-gpu-tools tests which can be
used for testing compliance of displayport driver.

For testing I wanted to send some error DP frames packets (send some
invalid stream data packets) to the DP sink device to check if the sink
device is behaving correctly to error stream data frames received.
Could you please give us information if we can use any tools/tests
available in igt-gpu-tools package, which we can use for testing invalid DP
frames.
Can we use the test like intel_infoframes available in igt-gpu-tools
package to modify/generate the DP error data frames packets which can be
sent to the sink device (or is the test intel_infoframes only supported for
HDMI tests).

Kindly please suggest if any of the tools/tests in igt-gpu-tools package
can be used for testing sending error DP stream packets.

With Thanks and Regards
Jitesh