✗ CI.xeBAT: failure for lib/kunit: Support writable filter* parameters of kunit module (rev2)

Janusz Krzysztofik janusz.krzysztofik at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 1 11:06:35 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 31 January 2024 21:51:15 CET Lucas De Marchi wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 08:22:35PM +0100, Janusz Krzysztofik wrote:
> >On Wednesday, 31 January 2024 19:36:57 CET Patchwork wrote:
> >> == Series Details ==
> >>
> >> Series: lib/kunit: Support writable filter* parameters of kunit module
> >(rev2)
> >> URL   : https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/129174/
> >> State : failure
> >>
> >> == Summary ==
> >>
> >> CI Bug Log - changes from XEIGT_7699_BAT -> XEIGTPW_10613_BAT
> >> ====================================================
> >>
> >> Summary
> >> -------
> >>
> >>   **FAILURE**
> >>
> >>   Serious unknown changes coming with XEIGTPW_10613_BAT absolutely need to
> >be
> >>   verified manually.
> >>
> >>   If you think the reported changes have nothing to do with the changes
> >>   introduced in XEIGTPW_10613_BAT, please notify your bug team (I915-ci-
> >infra at lists.freedesktop.org) to allow them
> >>   to document this new failure mode, which will reduce false positives in
> >CI.
> >>

> >> Participating hosts (4 -> 4)
> >> ------------------------------
> >>
> >>   No changes in participating hosts
> >>
> >> Possible new issues
> >> -------------------
> >>
> >>   Here are the unknown changes that may have been introduced in
> >XEIGTPW_10613_BAT:
> >>
> >> ### IGT changes ###
> >>
> >> #### Possible regressions ####
> >>
> >>   * igt at xe_live_ktest@bo:
> >>     - bat-adlp-7:         [PASS][1] -> [SKIP][2] +2 other tests skip
> >>    [1]: https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/intel-xe/IGT_7699/bat-adlp-7/
> >igt at xe_live_ktest@bo.html
> >>    [2]: https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/intel-xe/IGTPW_10613/bat-adlp-7/
> >igt at xe_live_ktest@bo.html
> >
> >Hi Lucas,
> >
> >We've got an empty list of test cases because the current algorithm of IGT
> >KUnit implementation expects subtest name provided via struct kunit_tests
> >to be the same as name of a test suite provided by the KUnit test module.  As
> >a special case, if the module provides only one test suite (most do) and the
> >name of it is the same as the module name with the _test or _kunit suffix
> >truncated (also the most common case) then subtest name may be omitted (i.e.,
> >.name field may be NULL).
> >
> >I have to document the above, but we also have to use the same names on both
> >sides (KUnit test module and its corresponding IGT test).  Now we don't, e.g.
> >test suite named "xe_bo" is provided by xe_bo_test module while subtest name
> >"bo" is specified for that module in IGT xe_live_ktest.
>
> in the end we want to have only one module: xe_live_test.ko and then
> filter out by the testunit. From what I've seen previously in igt, it
> would be a matter of always reloading the same module, but passing a
> different name.

As long as the module will provide several test suites, each of those test
suites can be mapped to a separate subtest with the same name as the test
suite, and with its test cases discovered and executed automatically by IGT as
dynamic sub-subtests, still selectable individually via IGT --dynamic command
line option.  For that to work this way, populating .name fields of the struct
kunit_tests table with subtest names that are the same as test suite names is
mandatory, otherwise IGT will expose one subtest, named after the module name,
with dynamic sub-subtests named <suite_name>-<case_name>.

Thanks,
Janusz