✗ CI.xeBAT: failure for lib/kunit: Support writable filter* parameters of kunit module (rev2)

Janusz Krzysztofik janusz.krzysztofik at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 1 15:38:06 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 1 February 2024 15:13:31 CET Lucas De Marchi wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 12:06:35PM +0100, Janusz Krzysztofik wrote:

> >> in the end we want to have only one module: xe_live_test.ko and then
> >> filter out by the testunit. From what I've seen previously in igt, it
> >> would be a matter of always reloading the same module, but passing a
> >> different name.
> >
> >As long as the module will provide several test suites, each of those test
> >suites can be mapped to a separate subtest with the same name as the test
> >suite, and with its test cases discovered and executed automatically by IGT as
> >dynamic sub-subtests, still selectable individually via IGT --dynamic command
> >line option.  For that to work this way, populating .name fields of the struct
> >kunit_tests table with subtest names that are the same as test suite names is
> >mandatory, otherwise IGT will expose one subtest, named after the module name,
> >with dynamic sub-subtests named <suite_name>-<case_name>.
>
> that's what I did when I submitted the module rename:
> https://lore.kernel.org/igt-dev/20231205224926.2188996-1-lucas.demarchi@intel.com/
>
> This one is to be applied on top of these fixes to kunit handling.

Do your subtest names match test suite names used in xe_live_test.ko?  AFAICS,
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/126786/ referred in the IGT patch
you've pointed out didn't touch test suite names while combining source files
of several now separate modules into that one module, and test suite names
still reported by those separate modules don't match -- they start with xe_
prefix.  We need to have those mismatches fixed on one side or another.

Thanks,
Janusz