[immodule-qt] Send IMEnd event on reset

Choe Hwanjin choe.hwanjin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 16:10:35 EET 2004

I'm really sorry. I made a mistake on mailer control, so I have sent wrong mail.

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:17:19 +0900, Daisuke Kameda
<kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp> wrote:
> Choe Hwanjin <krisna at kldp.org> wrote:
>
> > I think that in QInputContext::reset(), input context should send IMEnd
> > event with returned string.
> > If it does not send IMEnd event, when user click mouse to change focus to
> > another widget, preedit string has gone away.
> > I think last preedit string has to be commited on focus changing.
> > So sending IMEnd event on reset function is needed.
> >
> > I attach the patch.
>
> Thank you for indication.
>
> But, I think that we should leave the processing when receiving reset
> to XIM server. In my memory, since the specification of XmbResetIC is not
> clear, last preedit string may be commited doubly.

I think this problem will be happen only when the xim implementation
commit the preedit
string on XmbResetIC and return the preedit string. In other cases,
double commit will not
happen. I think many xim implemetation will not commit preedit string
and then return
the preedit string on Reset function.