[immodule-qt] Does QT 4 beta 1 support IM modules

Anuradha Ratnaweera gnu.slash.linux at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 19:41:21 EET 2004

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 22:41:39 +0900, Kazuki Ohta <mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp> wrote:

> I tried Qt4 beta 1 with following configure option
> $./configure -debug -system-zlib -qt-gif -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -xrandr -xft
> -inputmethod -inputmethod-ext

Hmm.  This makes me ask few fundamental questions:

- Is QT 4 supposed to be binary compatible with QT 3?
- Are betas of QT4 supposed to be binary compatible with QT 4 final?
- If no, then will -inputmethod-ext be eventually be removed before QT
4 is finally released?

Otherwise, we will have to continue maintaining a seperate bunch of
binary packages (KDE etc) with -inputmethod-ext.

        Anuradha

--

http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/