[immodule-qt] Does QT 4 beta 1 support IM modules

Anuradha Ratnaweera gnu.slash.linux at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 08:12:35 EET 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:52:56 +0100, Lars Knoll <lars at trolltech.com> wrote:

> We can still do binary incompatible changes until beta 2. That is why I would
> need your feedback now. I have incorporated most of the immodule framework
> for Qt 4 but also changed some of the APIs.

Good to hear.  Sorry that I may not have time to look at QT 4 betas
these days [right now, our nation is facing the greatest natural
disaster in its history].  For Sinhala and other so called "complex"
scripts, this is what is needed (as I read from your postings here, it
is likely that they are already implemented).

- Ability to query "surronding" text
- Ability to manipulate (delete / change) surrounding text

I remember you proposing a more generic query as an alternative for
the first one, and to implement the latter using events (or signals or
whatever they are called).  Hope it has been already done in QT4 beta,
or can be implemented later without breaking binary compatibility.

Thanks.

        Anuradha

--

http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/