[immodule-qt] Re: how about use postEvent instead of sendEvent in qt-immodule implementation?

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 19:26:25 EEST 2004

Hi,
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:12:41 +0200, Lars Knoll <lars at trolltech.com> wrote:
> It doesn't break BC. However posting the event implies that the event will
> only be delivered the next time the application reaches the event loop. If
> your code requires immediate delivery it might not work as you expect it to.
I know, but I do not think it make sense to draw IMCompose event
everytime, because of the speed of fast typing. Maybe the IMCompose
event should be posted rather than sent?

> It will also not solve the flickering problem without also implementing event
> compression for QIMEvents, something we currently don't have in Qt.
I think the most time-consuming part is the drawing of preedit string
and the candidates table (all in skim). On the other hand, if only one
IMCompose even is processed in each event loop, I think it should make
some differences.

> I also don't know if IM event compression is desirable at all.
I think IM event compress should be useful: IMO as for IMCompose
event, only the last one should take effect no matter how many has
generated previously in each event loop. ( I call this is a kind of
compression).

> I would rather try to look for the source of the flickering in the widget that
> has the problems. It can usually be solved using double buffering there.
Could you please tell me where "double buffering" is used in Qt? I'd
like to have a look.

BTW: I will soon release the qt-immodule support for scim.

Best wishes,
Cougar