[immodule-qt] Re: Question about svn trunk

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Thu Jul 15 18:02:31 EEST 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 02:46, YamaKen wrote:
> > Who investigate that?
> > If nobody do, I will do it.
>
> Please go ahead. I will go into other parts.

O.K. I will investigate pluggable popup menu.

> > - display of Error message
>
> I think that it is an excessive generalization. Showing error
> messages by plugin itself using their own widgets is appropriate
> and optimal. Embedding the error message handling into the Qt
> library will cause design error and make an infrastructure for
> nobody. Not all input methods require error message handling.

Sorry... I mistook expression. What I wanted to say is "transmitting
the message for displaying in application". Therefore, if input method
doesn't need the display of error message, the plugin corresponding
to the input method will send QString::null.

But, my idea is not good, since it will delegate displaying of error
message to application and it will introduce useless complexity.

I withdraw my idea.

> At least, gcc 3.3.3 showed that my understanding is correct. See
> attached code and following result.
>
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 [FreeBSD] 20031106
> $ ./a.out
> 0xbfbfe7cf: initial
> 0xbfbfe7ce: initial
> 0xbfbfe7cf: a
> 0xbfbfe7ce: a
>
> But I had recently seen some C++ codes based on your
> understanding. Is it a new C++ feature? Or, is some famous
> (wrong) explanation about it existing?

Although I hardly remember, I feel that it was read with
the description book of C++.

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>