[immodule-qt] qt-immodule for scim is available in SVN

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Fri Jul 16 19:23:03 EEST 2004

At Tue, 6 Jul 2004 00:42:37 +0000,
liucougar at gmail.com wrote:
> Another embarrasing key related issue is that: Qt can not distinguish
> left and right modifier keys! Increditible, isn't it? However it IS
> true. So currently, in qtimm I take it for granted that the user
> always use the left modifer keys. Do you have any ideas?

Yes, Qt (Qt3 and Qt4) does not distinguish left and right
modifiers. I'm guessing that this limitation had been introduced
to abstract all platforms into single Qt platform that ensures
source compatibility regardless of target platform. For example,
I had heard that Mac OS X does not distinguish left and right
modifiers.

But a solution exists for X11 platform. Use
QInputContext::x11FilterEvent() to filter the modifiers as raw
xevent. It is called precede QInputContext::filterEvent().

Although current implementstion is only running on X11 platform,
please insert #ifdef Q_WS_X11. I hope that our implementation is
portable, at least for Qt/Embedded.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp