[immodule-qt] Completing comments and documents

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Jul 21 20:53:08 EEST 2004

James, please reconfigure your MUA to Cc: immodule-qt.

At Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:27:15 +0800,
Zhe Su wrote:
>   xev result is no problem, all release event of modifier keys can be
> received without any issue, no matter whether a key combination is
> pressed.

Hmm, the problem is lying on the difference of Qt or immodule
itself between you and I (Cougar and I).

Second test. Cougar, insert following code into filterEvent() of
your immodule and monitor the result. It locates the problem on
an immodule or Qt itself.

    qDebug("filterEvent: %s ascii=%d, keycode=%d, state=%d",
           (keyevent->type() == QEvent::KeyPress) ? "P" : "R",
           keyevent->ascii(), keyevent->key(),
           keyevent->state());

At Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:51:59 +0100,
LiuCougar wrote:
> But it works fine in X11 (I mean I can get all the x11 event in
> X11EvenFilter), so I think it must be a issue in Qt itself
>
> If your laptop is alright, then I think there must be something
> specific to me and James.

Yes, the results indicates the problem is lying on the Qt or
higher layer, but it is specific to you and James. What we
should do is sharing information to locate the problem.

> I will try other computers I can access.

It is not necessary because your keyboard works properly on xev.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp