[immodule-qt] QSimpleInputContext is now available

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Wed Jul 28 19:42:22 EEST 2004

Hi, Lars.

> On Friday 23 July 2004 00:42, Kazuki Ohta wrote:
> > I've committed QSimpleInputContext which is table based InputContext for
> > supporting Dead/Multi key. (r31)
> > But the table is not complete yet(only dead key related stroke is
> > registered), so I'm going to add entries for Multi key.
> >
> > see :
> > http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/immqt/immodule-qt-x11/trunk/src/input/qsi
> >mp leinputcontext.cpp
>
> One idea: Instead of using a hardcoded lookup table, to compose the
> sequence into Unicode, you might want to use QString::compose() in Qt 3,
> and QUnicodeTables::ligature(ushort c1, ushort c2) in Qt 4.
>
> Best regards,
> Lars
I try to use QString::compose, but it has some problem.

First, we cannot confirm if composition occurs or not, therefore cannot detect
the end of composition.
That is, we cannot decide what timing we should commit the String.

Next, QString::compose seem not to be able to handle Multi key (Example code
is attached).
Anyway, QSimpleInputContext must have hardcoded look up table.

#for future, we should load X's composing table dynamically (Yamaken suggest
this to me)

Move the worl:D!
Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp