[immodule-qt] elaboration on requirements for Qt4

Ken Deeter ktdeeter at alumni.princeton.edu
Thu Jun 24 20:07:20 EEST 2004

Hi all,

I have notified Lars @ Trolltech about our in-progress requirements
document. It can be foudn at

http://www.kde.gr.jp/~daisuke/immodule_for_qt/pukiwiki/?ImmoduleForQt4RequirementsDocument

I would like some help on filling out some of the sections for which the
explanation is somewhat thin. Especially if you look at the last
section:

http://www.kde.gr.jp/~daisuke/immodule_for_qt/pukiwiki/?ImmoduleForQt4RequirementsDocument#content_1_3

So my questions are for develoeprs and potential developers (and Lars if
you're reading this, feel free to jump in).

- How can QIMEvent be improved or re-worked? And why do we need this? In
which cases does the current model not map well to existing input
methods.

- For complete error handling, what is required? I have no knowledge of
this area so any help would be appreciated.

- For candidate window positioning, is setMicroFocusHint() enough? or
does there need to be more?

- What other API possibilities do we want? For example, the ability to
request all the text from a text component to use as contextual
information.

I would prefer it if everyone just replied in email, rather than edit
the document directly. If we can converge on soem answers, then I will
go ahead an update the document accordingly.

Ken