[immodule-qt] Current Qt 4 status

Choe Hwanjin krisna at kldp.org
Wed Nov 24 01:32:37 EET 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 01:04:03AM +0800, Zhe Su wrote:
> Hi,
>   IMO, the commit action and the preedit string should be fully
> independent. Input method should be able to commit arbitrary string to
> the client while there are some contents shown as preedit string. In
> other words, commit action should not change the content of preedit
> string. If preedit string is available while committing something, the
> committed string should be inserted just before the preedit string.

I strongly agree this. Independent of commit action and preedit string
is critical for korean input method.
But I think committed string should be inserted at cursor position
(not where the cursor shows in preedit string but where the string really
inserted) and preedit string should be showed after the input position.